Last week the children investigated Christmas and holiday traditions from around the world. This week, they will start reading the Christmas story from Matthew in which Jesus is depicted as a king. Next week they will continue the Christmas story, but from Luke in which Jesus was born in a manger.
In the middle school classroom, we’ve been discussing the Christmas story and its connection to charity for disadvantaged populations. In the spirit of this theme, the middle schoolers are preparing a donation drive for Posada Esperanza, a shelter for homeless immigrant women and their children.
POSADA ESPERANZA WISHLIST
Posada Esperanza, a shelter for homeless immigrant women and their children, currently houses seven women (two of whom are pregnant) and eighteen children.
- Silverwear, dishes, pots and pans, blenders
- Kitchen and bath towels
- Infant, children, and women’s clothing (winter coats!)
- Diapers (sizes two and three, especially) & wipes
- Children’s toys and puzzles
- Twin-size linens and pillows
- Books in Spanish
- Alarm clocks
- Shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, and maxi pads