We hope to see you for this next session of Wednesday classes! This session is five weeks long – April 25, May 2, 9, 16, & 23. WNA is about fellowship, not fundraising. If you would like to attend but are unable to pay the full amount, please talk with Sid or Amy.
- 6 – 7 pm: Dinner.
- 7 pm – 8:30: Classes
- Childcare is provided at no cost, but please reserve your child’s space here. The middle school and sr. high youth groups meet during this time, as well.
- Reserve your class(es) and meal packs (all 5 meals) here. If you choose to purchase individual meals on certain dates, please order those on the event listed on the specific date(s).
- Downloadable flyer
Since the day you first held your brand new baby in your arms and thought, “What do I do now?,” you’ve experienced laughter, tears, and the joy of telling that one last bedtime story just like parents have done since the dawn of time. Each day you parent in a way that honors traditions from the past with your own intuition and experience, adding in a hearty measure of wisdom from other parents and knowledge based on current research and ideas. Gather with other parents who, like you, hope to raise children who seek truth, nurture peace, and stand for justice. Each Wednesday will be a different topic and facilitator:
- April 25: Utilizing Gandhi’s Principles of Non-Violence – Sid Hall. “If we are to teach real peace in the world…we shall have to begin with the children.” ~ Gandhi
- May 2: Mindful Parenting – Mary Pratt. A contemplative practice through which our connection to our child, and awareness of our child’s presence, helps us become better grounded in the present moment.
- May 9: Parenting in a Diverse World – Paige Schilt.
- May 16: Emotional Communication and Children – Dr. Mandy Menzer. Discuss emotion coaching, a parenting style based on the research of Dr. John Gottman.
- May 23: Listen and Be Heard – Amy Duncan and Georgie Georgákis. Dialogue that builds trust, with strategies from the book, “Crucial Conversations.”
The Greatest Prayer: A Book Study – Russ Harper
Every Sunday, the Lord’s Prayer echoes in churches around the world. In The Greatest Prayer, our foremost Jesus scholar explores this foundational prayer line by line for the richest and fullest understanding of a prayer every Christian knows by heart.
An expert on the historical Jesus, Crossan provides just the right amount of history, scholarship, and detail for us to rediscover why this seemingly simple prayer sparked a revolution. Addressing issues of God’s will for us and our response, our responsibilities to one another and to the earth, the theology of our daily bread, the moral responsibilities that come with money, our nation-states, and God’s kingdom, Crossan reveals the enduring meaning and universal significance of the only prayer Jesus ever taught. Book required: $15 (or bring your own.)
Poetry: A Few Good Women And A Couple Of Old Guys – Mark Lett
Join Mark for evenings of reading and discussion. This is an opportunity to spend time sharing insights and enjoying the beauty of language. Pipe and smoking jacket not required.
Wednesday Drum Circle
Calling all drummers, thumpers, tappers. If you feel the rhythm and love to express it, come drum with us. John Paul Moore, who drummed with the late Babatunde Olatunji, has agreed to be point person for this free circle. John wants the new circle for Trinity to be fun, unstructured as possible, and interactive. We have some drums and lots of rhythm toys. You don’t need skills, money or equipment to join the circle and let the joy of the beat flow through you – and if you’re moved, to dance as well. Be present with us.
Delicious Dinners – Jes Garcia
For your culinary delight, our own Jes Garcia will once again prepare hearty and delicious meals this session. Jes’ world travels and love of wholesome food influences his creations, and we get to enjoy the results.
Order and pay for meals in advance for the whole session at a discount, or purchase individual meals for $8 per meal ($6/meal for children.) Ordering all in advance makes it easier for us plan! Please note: If you need to cancel your meal order, please do so before Thursday the week prior.