What the Dark Can Do! Presented by Sid Hall
This Advent season and Christmas Sid will be exploring the four key stories surrounding Jesus’s birth. His sermons will unpack the stories and how they came to exist historically and mythologically. He will also investigate what the early Christian writers may have intended for their hearers to understand about what these stories said about Jesus—not only at his birth—but in his ministry and for the early church. Sid will draw relevant parallels to our life today with the core values implied in these important stories, making what is otherwise familiar and well-known alive once again.
- Sun, Dec 2 – What the Dark Can Do: Mary and the birth of Hope for the Hopeless
- Sun, Dec 9 – What the Dark Can Do: Joseph and the birth of Love for the Excluded
- Sun, Dec 16 – What the Dark Can Do: The Shepherds and the birth of Peace for the Powerless
- Sun, Dec 23 – What the Dark Can Do: The Magi and the birth of Joy for the Outlier
- Mon, Dec 24 (Christmas Eve) – What the Dark Can Do: You and Me and the birth of A New World