The entire community is invited to bring a pie (sweet or savory) and join us for our 2nd annual America’s Sunday Supper and Peace Through Pie Social on Sunday, January 20th. Inspired by the legacy of Dr. King, America’s Sunday Supper invites people from diverse backgrounds to come together to share a meal, discuss issues that affect their community and highlight the power each one of us has to make a difference. This year’s topic is immigration and will be from 6 – 7:30 pm.
Community partners for this event include:
- Amigos de las Americas Austin Chapter
- Austin Tan Cerca de la Frontera
- The Hyde Park Neighborhood Association
- Multicultural Refugee Coalition
- Peace Through Pie
- Southwest Texas Methodist Federation for Social Action
- Texans United For Families
- Trinity United Methodist Church
This event will be followed by a service project at Posada Esperanza on Monday, January 21st (MLK Day.) See http://bit.ly/TPkUOT for more info and to sign up to attend!