No comments yet

Host/Sponsors Needed for Refugee Mothers

From Jim Harrington of the Texas Civil Rights Project:

Please help bond out refugee mothers from Karnes City immigration detention center by being a sponsor or arranging for a sponsor (the host/sponsor does NOT need to be in Texas).

In order to bond out of Karnes, a person must show the immigration judge that she has: (1) a plan for a fixed place to live, (2) with a sponsor who is a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the U.S. with community ties, (3) a way to survive (keeping in mind that she will NOT have authorization to work in the U.S. for a minimum of 180 days under current law) — in other words, a sponsor who will house, feed, and clothe her and provide for other necessities for as long as needed), (4) a lawyer who will represent her,(4) a commitment to attend all future court hearings, and (5) a claim for relief from removal/deportation (such as a claim for asylum and/or protection under the Convention Against Torture).

Your help is needed for the first 3 items – hosting or sponsoring a refugee woman (and perhaps her child/ren). Or making contact with someone who can be a host or Read More      

Post a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.