Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry
One Year Contract; renewal may be possible if funding can be secured. Start date TBD.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in religious education, elementary childhood education, or demonstrably related field; or master’s degree and one year of experience; or other equivalent combination of education and demonstrably related experience. Bilingual a plus.
Trinity Church of Austin is a Union Church of the United Church of Christ and the United Methodist Church. We were a pioneering congregation for LGBTQ+ inclusion in the UMC in the Austin area. Our opening affirmation “No matter who you are, who you love, what you believe or don’t believe–you are welcome here” highlights our commitment to radical inclusivity. We are an urban church with an educated congregation that emphasizes social justice, creation (earth-centered) spirituality, and interfaith work.
Trinity welcomes and affirms all people inclusive of race, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, physical ability, mental ability, economic class, or educational level.
– Create, implement, and oversee programs for children and youth from the United Church of Christ, Unitarian Universalism, and other appropriate resources that express Trinity’s guiding principles
– Work with staff and volunteers to plan lessons, crafts, activities for different age-level classes (pre-K, lower elementary, upper elementary) using Trinity Children and Youth: Core Beliefs document
– Lead Children’s Circle during service and/or recruit volunteers to lead
– Work with staff and volunteers to plan time-limited programs for youth (example: confirmation classes, Our Whole Lives)
– Collect and update information about incoming children and families via Family Information Forms annually
– Purchase and assemble materials for activities
– Recruit, hire, & train new childcare team members
– Schedule and manage Children’s Ministry Team hours through Deputy
– Plan and coordinate special events using existing calendar of events
– Send/organize youth and children’s birthday cards from staff
– Communicate with families and staff about regular and special events through email, Facebook group, and phone
– Work with volunteers to manage the Trinity children’s book library
– Report to Lead Minister
– Attend monthly Leadership Council meetings
– Other tasks as assigned
30 Hours per Week, $20/hour
A background check and completion of provided safety training for working with minors are required for this position.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to email@example.com.